17 Sep Why it is Better to Use a Web Designer than Wix
Before i explain why it is better to employ the services of a web designer in a web development project, i would like to define some parameters.
Who is a Web Designer?
A web designer is someone who applies various skills and disciplnes (graphic design, programming, typography, user experience, SEO, layout, aesthetics) in the production of websites.
What is Wix?
Wix is a cloud based website builder platform for users that subscribe at a given price, this platform allows users to create HTML5 web sites and mobile sites through the use of online drag and drop tools. Users may add functionality such as social plug-ins, e-commerce, online marketing, contact forms, e-mail marketing, and community forums to their web sites using a variety of Wix-developed and third-party applications.
No doubt wix is a fair alternative for the following poeple
- People who love to do things themselves.
- people with lots of time and energy to learn and build there own websites
- People who want a simple website with low functionalities and control
- People who are not interested in expanding their websites
- People that don’t care much about SEO
- Beginners in the website world
The list goes on and on.
Wix is good but having a web developer handle your websites opens a whole new world of possibilities in terms of ;
- Quality of design
- Added functionalities
- User Interface
- Experience & expertise brought to the table
- Best practices and web development trends
- Graphic illustrations and imagery
- SEO Best Practices
There is more to building a website than just design, it involves a good understanding of graphics, compelling imagery, coding skills, user understanding, marketing skills, writing skills, and creativity. You can’t possible have all those skills but the web designer holds the resources and technical know-how to deploy a website like olx, jiji, nairaland, the list goes on.
Regular People Using Wix vs a Web Designer
- Regular people don’t understand what user experience design is, so they hardly address the user.
- Regular people don’t understand how to produce graphical user interfaces – reason is simple: they are not web designers. They will probably design the website for their own taste, and won’t follow any principle of a web design.
- They don’t know how to code – Services like Wix and other platforms don’t require you to code but it’s just a marketing trick. In order to produce any SIMPLE function that is not supported by the platform, you need to know how to code. Not to talk about complex ones. Meantime, you will probably design an ugly website. For these platforms, you would anyways need assistance from a UI designer in order to at least get something that will address the problem.
- Regular people will always have an idea for a custom functionality that they will not be able to produce – So at the end they always ask web designer for a help and that’s where all ends.
i built my first website with wix but i wanted more, i wanted control, now i’m a, you can checkout my portfolio by visiting then compare the websites there with the ones built using wix. THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR